Roon is slow since last Google network failure

Playing Live at Leeds from ‘The Who’ and skipped a track (12:03 Canada Eastern time) . Took around 30 seconds to get the rigth track.

Another issue when trying to skip a track. Over 1 minute to get the request. HAppened on August 21 at 15:05 (Eastern time Canada).

Hello @Daniel_Babeux, and thanks for the detailed timestamps. I wanted to confirm that Roon was installed on an SSD, as recommended by our minimum system requirements.

Yes. Roon is installed on a Samsung SSD 850 PRO. 171GB free out of 256 GB total.

Skipped a track at 16:52 (Canada Eastern time) and over a minute to accept the request…

Skipped track at 17:53 and took again over a minute to accept the request.

This is my ISP speed test results taken a minute after…

I cant understand how somebody is [moderated] upset with Roon with 2011 CPU. :smiley:
Maybe you should buy new PC, [Moderated].

The problem is not in roon.

edit. And this is with my laptop

Hello Mr. Koffi,

I will be more than happy to replace my processor, if you send me the latest and greatest Intel CPU for free! If you have read the minimum Roon Hardware requirements, you will have to admit that I meeting these.

Never had any issues with Roon or my PC hardware, prior to the loss of the Roon service, since their problem with Google Web backbone. So if my problem is related to my processor like you seem to propose, then Roon should review their minimum hardware requirements.

I am posting screenshots of Windows Task Manager, since I noticed that whenever those issues arise, the processing effort and memory allocation goes up dramatically until the Roon request is fulfilled. I have doubled the memory stack about 2 weeks ago and still have the same lag issues. Maybe the Task Manager is not the best troubleshooting tool for my issues, but this is all I have. Also tested my ISP speed service which is always impeccable. I understand that this speed test is from my household to the local ISP server, which provides some information but is not a complete picture of the overall web speed. Roon Support team is monitoring my service, but I am still waiting for any useful recommendations or testing from them.

And last, I would like to remind you of some of the Roon forum rules:

• Be civil and don’t post something that could be considered offensive by someone (stupid posts…)
  • Respect each other
  • Respect the Forum

Please stop posting these offensive comments and try to positively contribute to this forum, for the benefit of all.

1 Like

If you want, I can fix it for you by teamviewer. And sorry for being ass before.

Hello Mr. Koffi,

I accept your apologies, but will refuse your TeamViewer offer. While I appreciate your help, I will wait for the help of the Roon Support team on this matter.

Have a nice day.

Another issue while skipping a track. Took nearly 2 minutes to handle the request. Happened at at 17:46 (Canada Eastern time).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.