Roon is slow since upgrade to 1.6

@support
I am running Roon with a Nucleus and have a subscription to Tidal and Qobuz. At first everything was fine with the 1.6 upgrade. But the more I used it the more I noticed it slowing down. Just not as snappy as before. Long pauses waiting for search results to load, spinning color disc (Mac), long pauses after making a selection…etc. I mentioned this a couple of times before in this forum on the heals of other similar complaints. Someone suggested shutting down my modem, router, Nucleus, and streamer/dac. I did this; waited about 10 min and brought everything back up. Everything was immediately much snappier. That lasted for a couple of weeks but eventually I encountered another slowdown. Again, I shut down my network, brought it back up and again everything worked fine…for a while. Now it is moving slowly again. Apparently it is something with my network but I have no idea where to start to troubleshoot it. These slowdowns are only noticed with Roon. All other network functions are just fine and the speed is fast and reliable. The only speed issue is occurring with Roon. As I said, this issue has also been reported by others. Curious if and progress has been made in identifying and/or solving this issue.

Hi @Randy_Hatcher,

If you only reboot the Nucleus do things get faster? Or does everything need to be rebooted?

The team has identified an issue that we currently have a fix for that will be in our next update. The issue has similar symptoms to what you’re experiencing here, but it’s hard to say if it’s exactly what you’re experiencing here, but it would definitely be good to see how things perform once this fix becomes available. I can’t get an exact timeframe for the release, but it is something we hope to have available soon.

If things are still slowing down after this releases definitely let us know and we can take a closer look!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.