Roon is trying to install beta version 886 [update server issue -- corrected]

Hi, Just restarted Roon core but still running 886, not sure how to fix this, other remotes are running 884

My Rock installation also moved to 886 breaking the system.

Recovery wasn’t straightforward. I eventually suceeded by reinstalling the system. However, this disconnected my account and logging in failed as the system reported I was allready logged in. Disconnecting again and logging in again finally sorted things.

The process was not automatic, but I eventually got there with no apparent damage to my databse.

Thanks for fixing this quickly!

1 Like

I tried reinstalling the OS but to no avail, still showing 886. Restarted Roon server as well but could not get back to 884 version

As part of my efforts I used the interface on my PC to reinstall the OS. This failed so I turned the NUC box off using the power button. Counted to 20 (or someother random pause…) and started the box. I think that picked up the update, but I may have reinstalled again using the PC desktop… The server didn’t start so used the desktop to start the server. This worked, then I had the log in issues.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Tried shutting down the NUC as well, didn’t work for me but did not have log in issues.I am attaching some screen shots

Add images

Beyond my skill level, I’m afraid. Good luck.

Thanks for your help. Hope tech support can sort this out for me.

1 Like

Finally sorted. I just let the software “update” finish downloading after approx.2 hours, it then reverted back to the stable 884 built version.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.