Roon is very, very slow

Noris,

I been running for 20 min or so, and it now works ok. It is not fast. It takes 2-3 to load a Tidal album, and 2-4 sec from pressing “Play album” until it starts.

But it is not slow like it used to. I will play a bit more, and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks,

Frode

1 Like

Noris,

An update.

Played fine last night. Today it was slow again. Tested from 13:20-13:30. Then cleared the que, and restarted the core. Fine again 13:35 - 13:43.

// Frode

Hello @Frode_Michalsen,

Thanks for letting me know. I can confirm those diagnostics have reached our servers and I have asked QA to take a look, will be sure to let you know what they say.

Thanks,
Noris

3 posts were split to a new topic: Roon & Audio Files Loading Slowly

Noris,

What`s next?

// Frode

Hello @Frode_Michalsen,

While we are still waiting for QA to preform the comprehensive review of the diagnostics, I thought it might be worthwhile to try another test, I know you mentioned that you connected both your Core and endpoints to the switch previously, but are you able to reproduce this same issue if both Core and endpoints are connected directly to the Router? This would give us another useful data point to have.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

I am still here. I tested with both endpoint and core connected to the same switch. Same result. I have not tested with them connected directly to the the router.

Tomorrow I will start evaluating a Trinnov Altitude and I will not have time to test core and endpoint connected directly to router before that. So I will do that after evaluating Trinnov. Interesting to see if introducing Trinnov will change anything. I let you know.

// Frode.

Hello @Frode_Michalsen,

Thank you for providing your observations. I had a meeting today with the QA team regarding your case and our next steps here would be to verify how the endpoint performs with both Core and Meridian Zones connected to the router.

I would perform using your setup as-is and then try to disable TIDAL in Roon -> Settings Services to see if that has any impact on the issue. Please let me know this information along with your Trinnov findings when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Noris

Update:
I am now testing a Trinnov. And running the Trinnov as output. So far I have not been able to reproduce the slow behavior as before. Everything else, Core on Mac Pro and network setup are the same.

A will get back after testing a bit more.

Cheers,

Frode

1 Like

Hi,

My current setup with Trinnov as output instead of Meridian MC200 and 218 works fine, do not show speed decrade as the latter. I do not plan to go back so my support request ends here.

But indeed it was a strange experience, especially that it worked fine after core restart and then getting slower and slower. I leave that challenge to you.

Thanks.

Frode

Thanks for the update @Frode_Michalsen! Happy to hear that the Trinnov is working fine! I wish you a pleasant listening experince with the Trinnov :headphones:

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.