Roon isn't launching

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 laptop, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NBN (Australia) TP-Link AC1200 Modem, ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Directstream DAC with Bridge II

Description Of Issue

All was working fine when I used it this morning. Returned seven hours later, powered up the laptop, double-clicked on the Roon icon and all I get is that ‘waiting’ semi-globe graphic. Rebooted multiple times with same result. Internet is working fine with other applications on this laptop.

I am having a similar issue. Roon worked fine this morning. It did the software update, and still worked fine. I left Roon to do other things, returning to Roon all I get is “Roon (Not Responding)” and a white screen.

Windows 10 PC, i9900k in my case

Slightly different in my case.

It’s the same for me. There was an update for Roon two days ago. I installed it. Roon ran on my iMac until I restarted the iMac this morning.
Usually Roon is in the autostart. Nothing happens.
A manual start also does not work.
Core: iMac21’’, MacOS High Sierra
Wired Ethernet Network, AVM 7590 Router
HiFiberry as Roon Ready Bridge

When I right-clicked on the Roon shortcut symbol on my desktop and looked at Properties, General, this message comes up. (I edited it to read - 571 and the error message has disappeared but Roon still won’t launch, even when tried from the Roon folder.)

OK - I have solved my issue, and it is not related to the update. My PC has two monitors utilising a NVIDIA graphics card and software. I disabled the second screen and all is fine with Roon.

Re-enabling the second screen, all is still fine, Roon can be moved between screens, it all works as it should.

So problem solved for me, although I am a little baffled as to what caused the issue in the first place or how the above solved it!

Peter - This is obviously a different issue to your own. I’ll trip out of this thread now and wish you good luck solving your own problem.

OK adios, Brian. Glad you got yours sorted. :slight_smile:

What happens now? Is a White Knight supposed to come and rescue me? Or should I email Support directly?

It’s weekend, you may have to wait a little bit longer.

1 Like

Thanks. :+1: In general though (being new here), do Roon support staff scour these boards and jump in and help without the need for more direct contact on my part?

Yes the #support category of the forum gets monitored by Roon Support staff.

OK, thanks. I’ll sit tight. :wink:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Roon stuck on jellyfish

I had the same issue today. It seemed to resolve itself after a restart and Tidal login.

Unfortunately the Tidal login has been unavailable to me for the last few days. It hangs the moment it launches.

Looking at that earlier screenshot of the shortcut, I wonder whether something went wrong with the Roon update process?

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling Roon onto your PC?

Not yet Geoff. I’ve only had Roon on this PC for about three weeks. On my previous one (a Surface Pro) I kept getting dropouts. For two years! I thought my woes were over after switching to this one (Lenovo 720) as everything seemed to work perfectly and the music didn’t just stop for no apparent reason several times per hour. But I digress! I shall uninstall and reload Roon if you think that’s my best option. Thanks.

Well - it’s a suggestion, rather than possibly the best option. One thing, when you uninstall, leave the database and settings intact if you haven’t got a backup, otherwise you’ll start with a fresh database and have to set everything up over again.

Edit: if your Core was on your Surface Pro, then I’m not surprised you would get dropouts - the Core is supposed to be hard-wired ethernet for best results. (although if your music was also on the Surface Pro, and you were connected via USB to your DAC, then something else might have been going on…)

It was a Surface Pro 2 with a dedicated hub which I connected via Ethernet at all times (I was amazed when this Lenovo worked with wif-fi!) I kept being reassured by local ‘experts’ that it was unlikely to be a Roon problem anyway so I tried everything else (including expensive ethernet cables) but in vain.
Just before I do the uninstall, leaving the database and settings intact will come up as an option before the uninstall begins, presumably then? Thanks Geoff.