Roon isn't launching

What happens now? Is a White Knight supposed to come and rescue me? Or should I email Support directly?

It’s weekend, you may have to wait a little bit longer.

1 Like

Thanks. :+1: In general though (being new here), do Roon support staff scour these boards and jump in and help without the need for more direct contact on my part?

Yes the #support category of the forum gets monitored by Roon Support staff.

OK, thanks. I’ll sit tight. :wink:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Roon stuck on jellyfish

I had the same issue today. It seemed to resolve itself after a restart and Tidal login.

Unfortunately the Tidal login has been unavailable to me for the last few days. It hangs the moment it launches.

Looking at that earlier screenshot of the shortcut, I wonder whether something went wrong with the Roon update process?

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling Roon onto your PC?

Not yet Geoff. I’ve only had Roon on this PC for about three weeks. On my previous one (a Surface Pro) I kept getting dropouts. For two years! I thought my woes were over after switching to this one (Lenovo 720) as everything seemed to work perfectly and the music didn’t just stop for no apparent reason several times per hour. But I digress! I shall uninstall and reload Roon if you think that’s my best option. Thanks.

Well - it’s a suggestion, rather than possibly the best option. One thing, when you uninstall, leave the database and settings intact if you haven’t got a backup, otherwise you’ll start with a fresh database and have to set everything up over again.

Edit: if your Core was on your Surface Pro, then I’m not surprised you would get dropouts - the Core is supposed to be hard-wired ethernet for best results. (although if your music was also on the Surface Pro, and you were connected via USB to your DAC, then something else might have been going on…)

It was a Surface Pro 2 with a dedicated hub which I connected via Ethernet at all times (I was amazed when this Lenovo worked with wif-fi!) I kept being reassured by local ‘experts’ that it was unlikely to be a Roon problem anyway so I tried everything else (including expensive ethernet cables) but in vain.
Just before I do the uninstall, leaving the database and settings intact will come up as an option before the uninstall begins, presumably then? Thanks Geoff.

Yup. /10char

I have reinstalled with the same end result. Screen still hanging.

Hi @Peter_Cox,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, it’s been a bit busy with this release. Can I kindly ask for you to access your Roon logs by using these instructions and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here? I would like to take a look to see if they contain any clues. Also, can you confirm if you have made any Backups from within Roon in the past?

Thanks Norris. The link is here.

No backups done within Roon.

Hi @Peter_Cox,

Thanks for sending those logs over. I’m taking a look and I’m not seeing many errors here, I do see one critical error where Roon is trying to scan your M:$recycle.bin storage path, but I can’t say for sure if this is related yet.

I know you mentioned you don’t have a database backup, but I would be interested to see if Roon is working at all with a fresh one in place. Can you please try setting the old database aside as a test and see if a fresh one displays the same issue?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
1 Like

Thanks Norris. Yep, the reload as you described has got it working again. I’ll keep it running through the day and let you know if there’s any change.

Thanks again for your help with this.
Peter

1 Like

Glad to hear that helped @Peter_Cox! Yes, do let us know if there are any further issues and we can certainly assist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.