I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Meant to ask - where/which is the graphics driver in Windows 10? That’s what Roon Support told me to do but I don;t have the IT skill to do that - still waiting for more advice from them.
Can you give us some details about your setup and Core machine?
Please try each of these steps, and try to launch Roon after each.
- Reboot the Windows machine
- Reinstall the Roon app
- Disable the device’s firewall
- If this helps, please enter an exception in the firewall for Roon and RAATServer
- Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website
- Don’t use Window’s automatic driver updates for this — We’ve seen this cause issues in the past
- Download .NET Framework and reinstall it
If none of the above helps, please use these instructions to send us Roon logs from the device.
We’ll also want to take a look at Event Viewer logs, which give some insight into errors being reported by the OS — Please send those as well:
- Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
- Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
- From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
- Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log… from the context menu
- On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
- Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as… from the context menu
- Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save