Roon issues with Airfoil on Mac [Resolved]

I’m using Roon on a Macbook Pro using system output to an Audioengine DAC and also Airfoil to various endpoints including Apple TV to amp and speakers and a Bowers and Wilkins A7 airplay speaker. I just changed the Roon setup to exclusive mode and now Roon has stopped playing music and has also caused a major meltdown whereby Itunes refuses to open after closing Roon and I’m having to force quit itunes to restart the machine. There seems to be some conflicts, can anyone help please?

Hi @Paul_Elliott ----- Thank you for the report, and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you’re reporting to us, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• An expanded description of your current setup, using this link as guide.

• Can you please provide some further insight into this issue you’ve experienced, as well as some background into your use of Airfoil. The reason I ask is because Roon should be able to pick up/stream to directly to these devices via AirPlay.

• Please send us a set of Roon and RAATServer logs, using the instructions found here.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks, after rebooting, the problem has resolved itself.

My current issue is that after using two different macbooks as ‘core’ machines and settling on one as the ‘core’ and the other as a ‘remote’ both versions of Roon have a ‘trial ending’ error message displaying. I have a lifetime membership can you advise please.

Many thanks

Paul

1 Like