Roon jumping randomly when streaming music from Tidal [See Staff Post]

I also recently downgraded my Tidal membership to the Hi-fi tier. Could that be a part of the problem or just coincidental?

Same issue here suddenly. USA

Same thing here. Local FLAC playing fine. Music from Tidal is corrupted.

Same issue here. Nearly all Tidal MQA tracks skip and stutter, with the MQA authentication status flipping on and off. Non-MQA Tidal tracks skip and stutter less often. So far it does not seem to affect anything streaming from my own sever.

Spoke too soon - now getting skipping from local server tracks.

Same issue here. Skipping like a dirty CD when paying some songs on Tidal. I don’t get it if I use Tidal directly (without Roon).

I’m running:
KEF LSII (Hardwired to a gigabit ethernet)
Roon hosted on a Lenovo mini pc. (i5).
Android app as controller.
Based in USA

1 Like

Anybody got any support yet from Roon team? There are a few threads on this skipping topic and many Roon users having this issue. Haven’t seen any replies yet from Roon…

Same issue for me here’s my thread Audio skips and jumps and sometimes stops completely

All, early PM I still had the Roon/Tidal skipping track issue. I just replaced my DNS server supplier (Videotron) to the Cloudflare DNS server. No more skips for the last hour or so. Typically, I would have skips like every minute. I will continue playing some music and keep you guys informed. Could also be that Roon may have solved the issue…

Cloudflare primary DNS: 1.1.1.1
Cloudflare secondary DNS 1.0.0.1

You can change the DNS on all of your network via your router or just change it on your Roon core PC.

Finally some music playing Baby! Ok I must calm down…Will play some more music for a few hours before celebrating :partying_face:

1 Like

Can confirm I still have the problem so your DNS change would be the right fix and not ROON fixing it. Let me give it a try as well.

Still happening here, too. When looking at signal path, the MQA authentication indicator disappears when the skip happens.

@Daniel_Babeux you are the MVP!

Switched DNS to Cloudflare on my router, closed Roon server.

• ipconfig /flushdns
  • ipconfig /renew

Reopen Roon server

And ROON+TIDAL works as expected!!! :tada:
So far so good both tracks that would always fail to play are playing flawlessly.

EDIT: 4hours listening no more issues.

FYI I was on Bell Fibe’s DNS.

Imo ROON team should really take a look at this thread since it requires user intervention and it is probably not the right solution for the majority of people.

Been playing music without any interruptions since I changed the DNS server. Keep us posted.

I changed DNS and it still skips. Unless using the old DNS it was pointing at the wrong Tidal server, then it’s hard to see how this could fix it. The DNS is not constantly queried while music is playing…

1 Like

Appears to have worked here (changed the DNS on the PC Core). Will give it a good listen but there is hope! Thanks!

Good to know that the solution worked for you! I feel more comfortable now!

Unitiated here… do I just type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt for windows?

I have the same problem with music skipping around the same track and only started recently. Not technical so would appreciate step by step guidance in how I can resolve this issue. Many thanks!

@Roy_Chen1 This link can help.

I tried Google DNS and CoudFlare and still have some problems.

Same here … please help Roon Support.