Networking Gear & Setup Details

Luxul AGS 1016 switch. Ethernet connected

Connected Audio Devices

PS Audio Perfectwave dac. Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical

Library Size

55,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Two problems.

Roon does not always connect to my windows 10 pro pc end point. I have to do several digital reboots to get it to connect.

When it does connect, Roon skips over each track and says there is nothing playing.

I have to go through the reboot process again and hope it will connect without problems.

The Sonore shows up on the network, It is not invisible to my pc.

Is the Luxul a “managed” switch? If so, that may be the issue.

Roon kb has pertinent advice:

The Luxul is an unmanaged switch. Every other Roon endpoint in the house connects to Roon with no problem.

1 Like

OK, then hopefully some one from Roon support will shortly come along to help out.

Hey @Louis_Berkman,

We’re so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble :sweat: . We’d love to help :nerd_face:

I was wondering if you have any antivirus or firewall enabled on your Windows PC? If so, could you please temporarily disable it and see if you experience connectivity issues?

Do you have any other remotes that you use to control Roon (on your Nucleus)? Do those work?

Do you have a little red triangle at the top of your screen that says Metadata Improver paused when you click on it? When I have that problem I get the same quick running through the tracks and then nothing. Happens on one endpoint but not another.

I think it is more a case of update, update who has the update? It was after the most recent Windows 10 update that things started going wonky.

Subsequently I updated the Sonicorbiter software in my Signature Rendu SE Optical and reinstalled the new Sunlight firmware on my Perfectwave Directstream DAC. Now everything works.

I have had situations in the past where after a Microsoft update my network devices stopped showing. I made it to level 3 Microsoft support with that one. I never knew Microsoft had level 3 support.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.