Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

LAN (cable modem or SYNOLOGY NAS) → Ether Regen → Roon Nucleus
issue happens from QOBUZ or NAS local data

Connected Audio Devices

Berkeley Alpha USB (this has happened with other devices) → Alpha Ref3 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Sometimes, when asked to play an album, ROON will cycle through each track very quickly without playing any of them. Intermittent problem. I have been using this configuration exactly for a couple of weeks, no issues, no changes, suddenly this is happening. I have seen this before with completely different ROON READY endpoint (Ayre QX5). Unplugging the USB and replugging it back seems to solve issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. This way, the engineering department can also take a closer look at the temporarily failed conversion from digital to analog. Another tip has always been to restart the system completely, then all other possible sources of error go into hibernation. In many cases a fresh morning with sun and music awakes.

Hey @JE_Stout,

Thank you for getting in touch with your observations, it’s been a while since we last saw you. Hope everything is going well. I’ve seen this as well when my home network is under some strain. This is typically the cause of this issue.

When this occurs please start with a simple reboot of the Core machine and router.

• Power down
  • Unplug each
  • Wait a few minutes
  • Reconnect power
  • Restart

This will typically clear this up.

Additionally, we have seen users have a much better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let us know if it helps?

Thanks - I have not had the earlier issue since I posted. But, I have noticed that ROON seems ‘sluggish’ lately. When scrolling through album art work, it pauses and jumps.

I just changed to the Google DNS. Now ROON seems to be working as before.

Thanks!!