Roon just deleted most of my Tidal Favorites Library and I am devastated!

One other item of interest, you say you lost all your Favs, are they still over in Tidal?

This behaviour has, I think, been requested somewhere in the Feature Requests category. Although the request will have been read by Roon Labs, I think we can surmise that it doesn’t have a very high priority for action, if it’s even on their list of things to do.

If you want an alternative copy of your Roon Favourites stored somewhere else, then go to your Album (or Track) browser, use the Favorite symbol to just display your Favorited items, select them all, and use the Export function from the “3 dots” menu at the top of the screen to export them to an Excel Spreadsheet.

Tidal is on the rocks financially? Where did you read/hear this?

Tidal loses millions every year. But then again, so do every streaming service I’m aware of other than Apple and Amazon (both Spotify and Qubuz lose tons of money). Not sure about services like bandcamp.

I’ve no doubt if those services were highlighted on the balance sheet, they would be too.

What value the data harvest? 'cos it sure ain’t £9.99 a month.

1 Like

Well, between services, I used have Qobuz and Tidal (unfortunately, Qobuz wasnt updated or synced with my Tidal Favs as was just recently sub’d to…otherwise I would have recovered all my Favs from Qobuz to Tidal). On pure SQ basis…I do feel Tidal has the edge as do most reviewers say as well. Tidal’s own app is also vastly superior to Qobuz (e.g. Tidal has Radio features etc.)…if only they would cut down their HiFi price to match Amazon…they may have a shot.

Now that Spotify has a HiFi category (will be at least)…I look forward to Roon getting integrated with Spotify HiFi…only if Spotify is cheaper than Tidal. Hopefully by then, Roon will have sort feature available across their playlists…

Anyways, I have sub’d to Soundizz now and intend to keep an extra free Spotify account synced with Tidal and Qobuz…hopefully Roon doesnt find a way to ruin those syncs or playlists!

Roon only exports tracks that are in the Roon library. Many playlists entries are single sons not added to Roon

specifically regarding multi sourced Playlists in Roon, you can Export the Files and a Playlist only for the actual files you own in your library OR you can Export a full list of everything in a playlist to an Excel Spreadsheet, local, Tidal & Qobuz for documentation purposes.

One of the features I miss the most in ROON is the inability to add favorited music in the Roon interface to the Tidal backend.

I’ve read OP does it. And if that is actually the case I would like to know what could be the cause or causes that ROON doesn’t do it for me. I find it extremely annoying that I add music from Tidal to Roon and then when I’m on the go using the native TIDAL app I have this outdated db of my favorite music.

You need to ‘add to library’ and not press Heart button. The fav song will add the song to your Tidal Favs. Hope this helps!