Roon just stops playing and crashes

I am having the same issue. At least four or five times a day, Roon just stops playing and crashes, loses connection and then takes a good two to five minutes for my remote to reconnect.

It just happened during the following:

Date March 24th
Time: 13:08 Central European/Amsterdam
Song: Rainfalls
Artist: East India Youth
Source: Qobuz

This isn’t a Qobuz only issue for me, happens to my non-streaming tracks as well.

Could you look into this for me?

Hi @David_Evans1

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you noticed any specific types of content or actions that seem to trigger this behavior to occur?

Hi Dylan, thanks for responding.

My Roon Core is on Silent Angle Rhein Z1 V2 Roon 1.8 build 783.
Ethernet connection to Silent Angel to Netgear Orbi Router.
Remote is an iPad also 1.8 build 763
Silent Angel connection via USB to Luxman D-06U SACD player
Storage is on a 2TB drive mounted on Silent Angel
Streaming is Qobuz
Library size is 6996 albums and 53501 tracks.

The issues are sporadic, and I receive a multiple amount of messages from Roon that include, unexpected error, network time out, processing, audio file is loading slowly. Each time is different.

The issue happens whether I play a song or album via Qobuz or from my files mounted on my disk drive.

Sometimes the issue is Roon skips songs, sometimes it stops playing completely and sometimes it crashes and I have to wait for my remote to reconnect.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, David