Mac mini (2014), MacOS Big Sur ver 11.5.2, 2.6GHz Intel Core i5, 8Gb

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Atom

Number of Tracks in Library

4000 albums

Description of Issue

Hello,
Just received my new Naim Uniti Atom.
Music files are stored on external SSD connected to Mac Mini.
It used to be stored on a NAS.

Anytime I launch Roon, the wheel keeps turning around and the app crashes.
I do not wish to loose my playlists, etc…
How can I reset Roon?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hey @sakurabanga, I requested logs from your Roon Core but it doesn’t seem like it’s online. Let’s have you launch Roon again to reproduce the crash, then I’ll let you know if we’ll need you to provide logs manually. Thanks!

Hi Kevin,
Just tried to launch Roon but it’s not working, Roon logo keeps moving then there’s the apple spinning wheel. Please advise thanks!

@sakurabanga Did you try to restart your Mac?

Yes I did.

Hi, I have sent my logs to Support but did not get any replies yet. The app keeps crashing when launching. I downloaded it again and reinstalled it but it still crashes. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Hello @sakurabanga ,

Thanks for sending those logs over! Unfortunately, they don’t contain any crash traces in the logging. Can you please confirm if a fresh Roon install also triggers the same behavior?

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup
  • Restore backup after fresh database testing
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.