Roon keeps Crashing on Qobuz Artist page

I couldn’t use Roon at all due to crashing ALL THE TIME

I also uninstall everything and reset it then the same thing happens again

Welcome to the community, @Carlo_Bautista.

I’ve moved your post to the #support category? Please complete the information below, so Roon and the community may help you.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Thank you for your prompt response

Roon Core Machine

Surface Pro 2017, i7-7660U, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys WRT1900AC, on WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Astell and Kern SP2000 as WiFi endpoint

Number of Tracks in Library

Did not setup / manually add and remove folders, Everything is streaming using Qobuz set to 16/44.1 CD Quality

Description of Issue

When I go to “Parokya Ni Edgar” artist page to browse for artist catalog in Qobuz, Roon freezes, RAM spikes to 3GB consumption then quits. It’s the only artist page that I’ve discovered where Roon crashes so far. To fix the issue, I have to uninstall database and settings and reopen Roon to configure it again from fresh. As long as I don’t visit “Parokya Ni Edgar” artist page, I do not get any problems with Roon

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Carlo_Bautista and thank you for sharing this with us.

There are a few users that are having this issue and we’re collecting information to take to our development team. Can you please tell me what kind of video card this Surface Pro has in it?

Thanks,
Wes

It’s has the Intel Iris 640 graphics (integrated)

This is their latest drivers installed

One additional piece of data that would be helpful for the development team: what version (and build) of Windows are you running on the Surface Pro? Thanks.

Hi!

Sorry for late reply
I’m running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1645

Just a quick update, I still haven’t encountered crashing on other Qobuz artist other than the “Parokya Ni Edgar” artist page

Hi @Carlo_Bautista,

I’d like to look at this in your logs. Can you please do me the honor of turning your core on, navigating to the problematic artist to duplicate, then providing the date/time of the issue? I should be able to pull logs within 24 hours if you leave your core on for us.

Thanks,
Wes

I just did at 6:30 PM 8/17/22 PDT

Here’s the Roon log zip

@Carlo_Bautista,

Thank you for the upload. I will review these with our team and see if we can reach a conclusion as to why this is happening. I should know something tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi @Carlo_Bautista,

We would like to request your database to review it.

Can you please upload it for us? You can find the location here:

Thanks,
Wes

Here you go: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Hi @Carlo_Bautista ,

It looks like the file you sent us is under 10MB, which would be too small to be your Roon database. Can you please take another look and see if you can locate your Roon Database in your Windows %localappdata% folder? Please see this other article which provides additional context:

You can upload the database to our database collector here if you wish to save space on your OneDrive:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/gnhz54df9ddffa33d49a3be8619bd6376a5de/external

Please let us know once uploaded, thanks!

The database collector only allows 100MB. I uploaded the whole Roon folder to ensure I don’t miss anything this time: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

1 Like

Hi @Carlo_Bautista ,

Thanks for sending that database over! I want to let you know that your database is in the testing queue for our QA team. Once we have more info, we’ll be sure to reach out, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Carlo_Bautista ,

Thank you for your continued patience here. I’ve checked in with the QA team and they have tried to use your database to reproduce the issue, but were unable to do so in the lab. It has been a while since we last spoke, can you please confirm you’re still seeing this on Roon 2.0 as well?