Roon keeps crashing since macOS update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
macOS 10.15.5 Catalina
Roon 1.7 (Build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB - Dragonfly Red

Description Of Issue
Roon core keeps crashing while not actively in use. Has happened since latest macOS update.

Same issue here. Roon just becomes nonresponsive. You have to force quit it, and then if you try to restart it you just get a spinning beach ball. Not only that, in most cases you can’t shut down the Mac after this happens via clicking restart under the apple; it will just sit there and not restart. You have to do a hard reboot by holding the power button. After rebooting, Roon will run again. Until it doesn’t. Then you repeat…

Hello @William_Wheeler, and welcome to the community! Have you reinstalled since experiencing this issue? Have you noticed a pattern in when this crashes?

Have not reinstalled. Seems pretty random. Just closes and asks if want to reopen.

Hello @William_Wheeler, I believe what @mikeb is talking about is an issue where the screen is whited out when either you minimize Roon or it opens to the whiteout screen. Is this what you’re experiencing too or something different?

Also, does this issue occur when your Mac has gone to sleep? Do you see it when playing tracks or does this happen when not in use?

Issue occurs when minimized or when sleep not while playing. Happens when not in use. Can happen once to a few times a day. No issue with whited out screen. Comes up with prompt do you want to reopen with log of crash details.

Hello @William_Wheeler, my apologies for the delay here. I spoke with our team about this thread and they wondered if you could provide OS-level logs and a timestamp next time you’re able to reproduce this issue.

Also, have you disabled the “enhanced notifications” feature? We’ve seen this resolved for some users when that feature is disabled, please let me know!

Do you mean the “Enable Rood radio notifications” setting to be disabled?

How do you want me to send log. Does not fit in this text box. Too many characters it says

Hey @William_Wheeler, you can check out enhanced notifications here, its a mac feature. And if you could send them here that would be awesome, thanks!

Thanks have sent file

Hello @William_Wheeler, just checking in, any issues since disabling enhanced notifications?

Yes crashed again even after disabling. Have upload more crash reports as well.

Hello @William_Wheeler, I’ve gathered the information you’ve provided and sent this over to our QA team for an investigation. I’ve also requested diagnostics from your core so I can add this information to the report. The diagnostic should upload next time your core is active.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.