Roon keeps crashing!

Core Machine

MacBook Pro (15" 2018), 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, macOS Big Sur v11.3

Network Details

Asus ZenFi AX Mesh, connecting via Wifi

Audio Devices

Local output on the laptop
AURALiC ARIES MINI (wifi)
Raspberry Pi with HiFiBerry Digi+ running Ropiee XLv1.7(b 571 stable) (wifi with dongle)
Sometimes I connect other USB devices locally like Hugo2, etc.

Description of Issue

Roon crashes all the time (every time after a while when idle). It crashes when is idle and not when playing music.

After looking into similar threads on the forum I have tried the following:

-disabling one by one all endpoint (leaving only local computer) and is still crashing
-disabling sleep on the laptop - still crashing
-disabling NAS library (leaving only local, laptop library) - still crashing
-stopping the Plex server which is running on NAS (same network) - still crashing
-reinstall Roon clean and after reinstalling a clean MacOS - still crashing

It always shows in the crash reports:

Crashed Thread: Broker:Transport
Application Specific Information:
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type OpenHome::AssertionFailed

Help please!
Thank you!

Crash report below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iBWSpUspH7aSH7PdVLGgvLX0WgsiDlnB/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Mircea_Comanici and welcome to the forum.

Are you running Emby, Plex or any other server software of the likes on the same machine?
If so, disabling these and try again as a test.

Hello @BlackJack and thank you for your response!

There is no server running on the local machine. I have a Plex server running on a NAS on the same network. I did tried disabling the Plex on the Nas but it did not solved the Roon crushing issue on the laptop.

Hi @Mircea_Comanici

I’m not able to access the link you shared — Can you try re-sharing it? Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Sorry for that, please try again with the following link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iBWSpUspH7aSH7PdVLGgvLX0WgsiDlnB/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you!
Regards
Mircea

In case anybody is wondering, since I have enabled Squeezbox Support in Roon and in one of the endpoints running Ropieee XL (even though I’m not normally using it) there’s no more crashes. I can’t be sure but I think this is what stopped the crashes.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.