Roon keeps disconnecting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS T251+ all with latest versions

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear GS 108 switch / BT Router Hub 6/ LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn ADSM. iPad with Roon App.

Description Of Issue

I have been having issues with Roon not connected when I start the Roon App on my iPad. Eventually it will appear, but will randomly disconnect for no reason. Sometimes it disconnects and reconnects quickly enough that the music does not stop. I have noticed that when it won’t connect I am also unable to access the Control Panel of the NAS via its http address in safari, saying Server not found. While I am unable to connect I can still access the NAS files using my TV so it does not appear to be a switch or router issue. I have no other devices that drop their connection to the NAS. I have swapped cables and rebooted everything but the issue still returns. I have also turned off all but essential apps and services on the NAS. I have increased the memory on the NAS and Roon work’s perfectly well when it is connected.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

HI Bill,

Not official support, but, if you are having issues connecting with safari ( I take it on the same iPad) then it might be that the iPad or Wifi is having issues. Have you tried to go to another device (like a desktop) when this happens and see if Safari can reach the NAS with that device?

Thanks, I will give that a try next time it goes down. It is also the Roon app as well as Safari, but I will try it and see.

Hey @Billz,

I’m so sorry we’ve missed your post for this long - please, accept my sincere apology :pleading_face:

Could you please share an update on how things have unfolded? If our help is needed, we’d love another chance to lend a hand :nerd_face: