Roon keeps forgetting my iPhone 12 (B667)

I’m reluctant to potentially hijack this thread, but I seem to be having a similar issue, albeit in a different context.

The (newly cloned) iPhone 12 I am using as a remote to control other endpoints - successfully control - doesn’t itself show up as an endpoint in the Audio settings pane. Other endpoints are visible, including another iPhone, but I can’t even see the very iPhone I am using as an endpoint to configure. So I can’t set it as a private zone - it’s not visible to do so.

Will try reinstalling Roon app, but this has happened along with some of the first issues in connecting to Roon core from this phone or any other I’ve experienced on my network. No issues with controlling other endpoints, as I say, so not sure if other networking details required here.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks for splitting this out. The issue seems to be internal to the iPhone remote/app itself, although the new issues in finding the Core does seem relevant.

ROCK on a Nuc7i5, wired to TPlink switch, with UniFi AP itself hardwired back to same switch providing wireless.

I can connect to Core from the iPhone 12 if I manually enter the Core’s IP address vis the “Help” link in the splash screen. Auto-discovery not working from this phone though.

Once connected, I can see the other endpoints, one of which is an iPhone 7 running iOS14.0.1.

Interestingly, I can’t see another iPhone, which is not setup as a Private zone and is also running 14.0.1, either.

So - something odd about the Roon app running on this iPhone.

Hi @bartman,

Can you try uninstalling the Roon app on the iPhone and reinstalling fresh? Any change after doing so?

Hi @dylan - that appears to have done the trick - I should have tried that before posting…

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
John

1 Like

Actually @dylan, I have been too hasty. On opening up the app on my phone again tonight, firstly it again took much longer for the app to find the Core, though it did eventually locate it without my entering the IP address, and once it had found it, again the iPhone endpoint is not present, either in the ‘Select an Audio Zone’ screen or in Settings>Audio.

No changes to setup, and Roon Core hasn’t been off in the intervening period.

What next?

Hello @bartman, do you still have this issue if you temporarily bypass your switch and connect the NUC directly to the router? Are any other remotes showing this issue? Also, next time the issue occurs, could you please reply here with a timestamp (in your local time) so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Thanks!