Roon keeps loosing connection to core after 2.0 update

Roon Core Machine

Machine is Mac OS 12.6. Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz
RAM 24 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

SGC Sonic Transporter i3 > Trendnet Router

Connected Audio Devices

Optical out of Router to SGC Optical Rendu > USB > Ultra Digital > I2S over HDMI Cable > PS Audio DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

19,779 tracks

Description of Issue

The music will play for a few songs, then stop.
The message is “Waiting on the Roon Core” with the circle icon. It comes back as available. The Qobuz message comes up that it can’t connect, but then it does.
Hit play and music starts again.

Has been very reliable until the 2.0 update. After the update I have this issue.
I have a download of the log if you can tell me where to send it.

1 Like

Hey @Todd_Reitz,

Ben with the support team here, I’m sorry to hear you’re running into connectivity issues after upgrading to 2.0

If you haven’t yet, I would suggest giving your network and core a hard reboot respectively. From there, if you’re still running into issues, please write down the date and time the next time the issue occurs and share it here.

We’ll enable diagnostics on your account and take a closer look into what might be going on at the time of the issue.

I wanted to confirm that your core is in fact your iMac? From your account settings, it appears that you’re running RoonServer on your sonic transporter as a core. Is this correct?

The roon core is on the Sonic transporter, not the Mac.
System has been hard booted.

Hey @Todd_Reitz,

Thanks for letting me know. After further investigation, Roon logs indicate the opticalRendu is going to sleep because the signal is no longer detected.

Have you tried simplifying your setup to eliminate as many connections as possible? Like USB direct from your core to your DAC. Start with the most basic setup, test to see if you run into similar issues, and add one piece at a time back to your system.

With that, you can try to temporarily host the Roon Core on one of your Mac devices as well, to see if the issue reproduces from that Core or if just the SonicTransporter is impacted, instructions for Core switching can be found below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings → General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Let me know how the above goes :pray:

Oh Hi,
Thought you forgot about me.
I began eliminating components.
Eventually I removed the opticalRendu and used the streamer function built into my Hegel Integrated amp.
The music plays without stopping now. It appears it was a hardware issue with the Rendu which has been sent in to be inspected.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Machine is Mac OS 12.6. Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz
RAM 24 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

SGC Sonic Transporter i3 > Trendnet Router

Connected Audio Devices

Optical out of Router to SGC Optical Rendu > USB > Ultra Digital > I2S over HDMI Cable > PS Audio DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

19,779 tracks

Description of Issue

Sorry if this is a double post, but I never saw it show up here.

The music will play for a few songs, then stop.
The message is “Waiting on the Roon Core” with the circle icon. It comes back as available. The Qobuz message comes up that it can’t connect, but then it does.
Hit play and music starts again.

Has been very reliable until the 2.0 update. After the update I have this issue.
I have a download of the log if you can tell me where to send it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.