Roon keeps searching for new music to add to library

The picture says it all.

It has been searching for days now, without getting any further than the 64 files mentioned.

Questions: how to stop this or: how to get it to move on, if possible?

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you tried rebooting the rebooted the Roon Core?

I did. Several times.
The problem occurred after a migration of Roon Core from NUC to the Antipodes DX3 from which I play now.
3 unusual coincidences this week: a large update from Antipodes, another one from Roon and also Apple surprised us.
Who knows what influence those had.

One other consequence was that Squeezelite refused to be installed ( kept on searching - spinning circle- without result )

FYI: I stream from local provider’s Modem/router> Netgear switch> Antipodes DX3> Mola Mola Kula. Cables : all Ethernet cat 6a or up

I can’t test it at this time because I still have around 500,000 parts being read in with success. But I also already have about 80 added that have not been identified for weeks.

Checking for deleted data, I found some tracks that I added first via Tidal and then via Qobuz. What I delete on Tidal I also have to clean up in the library. Has this happened yet?

While checking my data I came across some skipped tracks. It comes from the amount about, but I do not want to clean you yet that Foobar2000 is able to turn even small corrupt music remnants into audible sounds. It could be, however, that with the deletion of corrupt titles also their identification is terminated.

I am curious about the test result.

Hey @Hjcw_Roefs,

Thanks so much for sharing the issue you ran into, as well as the steps you’ve already taken to remedy it. We’re glad you came to us (and the Roon community) for help.

Do you have any enabled firewall or antivirus? If so, could you please temporarily disable it? Also, would you be able to change your Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

Thanks a lot :pray:

Has there been any resolution to this issue. My system is experiencing the same thing with a constantly spinning blue circle in upper right quadrant of Roons screen. Same message as OP posts.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.