Roon keeps shutting down after a couple of hours

LIFETIME ROON SUBSCRIPTION

Roon keeps shutting down after a couple of hours!
Setup has been working until this week.
Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM: 128 GB (128 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Running Roon version 1.8 (build 923) stable (64bit)

Hi Greg, your problem is more likely to get attention in the support category (if you haven’t already posted it there).

@AceRimmer might be worth splitting the topic? :pray:t3:

1 Like

nothing fancy. win 11 pc running latest roon to playback music from pc.

all is fine, APART from this bizarre issue since latest build:

-Roon is playing music
-Windows after X time puts monitors to sleep. When I press a key to “wake up” monitor and put my windows password in to get back to desktop, the INSTANT I press a key, music stops - log back in, Roon is closed.

Why is this suddenly happening? Been fine years. Nice testing guys, glad to see you are spending our $$$$$$ subscriptions on improving stability /s

2 Likes

I have EXACTLY the same problem!!! I too would appreciate any help with this issue!

no idea why this has been merged

roon is not running “for a couple of hours”. it can be running for 10 minutes, you go afk 5 mins, monitors turn off, you press key to wake up, roon exits. it did not do this before latest version. you broke it.
PLEASE FIX IT. Do you even beta test???

I pay $$$$$$$$$ for this software, and at the moment its a joke.

Moderators merge duplicate reports so that the support teams and community contributors can get some clarity. When there are many duplicate reports for the same or very similar issues it’s near impossible to keep track of the situation, for everyone.
When merged, the support team get a better overall view of the scale of the problem & the contributors can track the progress.

You might be right but it’s a bold claim when you’re using Windows software that gets frequent updates for bugs fixes…

Here’s my fix for Windows 11 with which Roon now seems stable.
Open Taskmanager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) click the Details tab at the top, scroll down to Roon.exe, right click will bring up a menu, choose “Set priority” then chose “Above normal” the close Task Manager.

2 Likes

Rune.exe or Roon.exe? :wink:

interesting, trying now thanks!

made no difference, still crashes as above. joke software, they spent all (our) time and money developing dubious “improvements” to UI that we all hate, while creating and not sorting long standing issues. Luckily for them their is no real competition or people would be leaving in droves…

I thought it had fixed my problem, was stable for a couple days, and just now it was working while my screen was asleep, touched the mouse to log back in and the Roon app disappeared and music stopped frustrating, Perhaps there’s a bug to entice us to spend a couple more grand on a Nucleus?

This last update (931) seems to have ended this problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.