iMac 27" from late 2013. iOS 10.15.7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is an Apple Time Machine - connection via WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Main Player is a NAD C399

Number of Tracks in Library

About 40,000

Description of Issue

While listening to Radio Paradise through the Live Radio menu, Roon seems to shut the Radio Paradise feed off periodically. When I go back to the home page I have to restart the player. What is causing this?

Hey @Barry_Haughian,

First off, welcome to Community! It’s great to have you here, and thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

I wanted to clarify a few details with you as well:

1. You mentioned you’re using an Apple device - Time Machine as your router. Is this correct? Are you able to provide any additional details about your network setup?
  2. It’s good to note that some of these devices can function rather poorly with Roon, and we typically advise against using them. Read more about that here.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

1 Like

I did have two roters running. With two discrete networks, for a couple of reasons. After your initial reply, I disabled the Apple Time Capsule Router and now have everything running on one wiFi network. Things seem to have stabilized since then. I also disabled all the devices listed on my Roon Core except for my NAD C399 so that seems to have stopped the loss of device every night. My single remaining problem at the moment us that when I am listening to Radio Paradise through Roon, it keeps shutting that service off every hour or so. It is easy to restart (just hit the play (arrow) button again), but I don’t understand why it is stopping.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.