MacOS Ventura
3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon fails to launch.

You are on a beta OS…c’mon seriously did you bother on a supported non beta public release?

3 Likes

Roon didn’t launch for me too (M1 MacBook Pro 13"),
OK, it’s beta, but Public Beta, and officially out in the wild. There should be at least a statement from Roon about the why and what and when! We are around 3 Month from Ventura-Release, so.

TIA

– Bernd

which version of Roon are you launching Roon or RoonServer?

Roon, not Roon Server.

But i found the solution to my problem: Roon needs Rosetta to function on an M1 Mac. Starting Roon alone didn’t kick in the Installation of Rosetta, you have to launch a App that needs Rosetta and installs it by itself if it isn’t running.

So, @roonlabs should implement this mechanism too if Roon gets started on a M1 or later Apple chipset it should automatically install and use rosetta to do it’s thing. Should be possible imho. It’s a terrible user-experience if a new user starts a fresh install of roon and simply get’s nothing. At least one should get a warning dowloading roon that it only runs in emulation on apple-chipsets and needs an already installed Rosetta.

Interesting…it’s installed Rosetta on my m1 mini no issues

Then it may be the Ventura beta that i have installed on my M1 MacBook Pro 13, at least Roon didn’t install Rosetta on Ventura.

I might have cloned my setup from a different install that already had Rosetta installed

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.