Roon lifetime membership

Good to know, as much as I love Qobuz particularly studio sublime download discounts, finding what you want can be a pain.

Roon and Idagio would be bliss.

1 Like

Yes. That’s my experience with airplay as well, even at high rez. But I find it really depends a lot on the circumstances whether the SQ is even remotely important or not. It’s early evening on a Friday at the start of the week-end here in Denmark and I worry much more on whether roon “radio” will pull it off for everyone else in the house or am I better off taking less of a risk with roon shuffles and playlists :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Well to be fair, there’s no such thing as AirPlay High-res. It caps out at 16/44.1, and everything has to be downsampled to match that.

Yes you are right. I also find exceptions where I find the quality of the reproduction less than I am bothered to listen to. But for me it is also relative. I remember moving from 192 to 320 MP3 and then 16/44.1 FLAC, and as a younger man, with younger ears, most of the time I perceived a difference. These days, in a lot of cases I just don’t anymore. Aging ears are a great leveler I think. Doesn’t seem to stop me having different emotional responses to the same piece of music though. But that must have more to do with the quality of the performance, rather than the quality of the reproduction.

2 Likes

Except most audiophiles are 50+ males…. I have a lot of 256k AAC albums (yeah, I ripped them bad), and my task is to upgrade these to 16/44 rips. Know what? Most times I can’t hear any difference.

I agree if it’s good it gives that emotional response on crappy kit and sampling rates.

Closer to +/- 60 on this forum I believe.

1 Like

Given the votes for “the good old days” after each release you are probably right. :grinning:

1 Like

Fast approaching 72 but i can still tell Airplay from FLAC via RAAT , or at least i convince myself i can

2 Likes

They each make the Zimmer vibrate differently. :smile:

1 Like

So can I. The zimmer legs are more defined, more spacious. :blush:

2 Likes

From this poll the average age on the forum is around the mid 50s. Only 4% are over 70 and only 4% are less than 30.

Age Poll - How old are you, really? - Off Topic - Roon Labs Community

1 Like

Add 3 years for everyone taking part in 2019.

2 Likes

The average age of the average poster would be interesting. I wonder what the age difference is between the average poster and average subscriber is? Roon probably has those stats.

44 here. So getting close to the age of the average Roon user it would seem.

Yeah, since that poll was taken I passed into the 4%’ers.

[Sigh]

So you are really Benjamin Button and now just 29?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha,ha. I’m afraid it’s the other 4%'ers. :grin:

1 Like

You can always spend $700 on a cable which can make no difference to your audio pleasure. :rofl:

I with you, a investment in a lifetime subscription can make a massive difference to your musical enjoyment, rather than rely on upgraded equipment which gives you a small audio difference in listening to music. You are spot on :facepunch: :metal:

As it was mentioned above , this popped into my mail

1 Like