Roon Live Radio - over written previous radio settings

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel i7 8th generation: Roon Optimized Core Kit, NUC Version 1.7 (build 500) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link Archer VR2800, Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Pro Expert 440/Naim Qube/Naim Atom

Description Of Issue

The lovely shiny new version of Roon with Live Radio has completely trashed ALL my previously saved radio stations. Thanks guys. BBC radio is NOT streamable from the BBC website (unless you use BBC Sounds)

The question is: how do I interrogate my Roon backups to retrieve the actual URLs that I have been using for HD BBC radio streaming?

Or does anybody have a good data source for this stuff?

Thanks

Hi @Nick_Biden,

Are the stations showing up in My Live Radio but they’re just not playing? Or are they not showing up at all?

@dylan

I have just checked in more detail and it is specific to Radio 2 and Radio 3. The other BBC stations appear to work OK. BBC R2 & R3 show up in ‘My Live Radio’ but they no longer have the URLs that i saved them with. The URLs appear to have been overwritten. When I select BBC R2 or R3 I get ‘Unable to play station. Its address may have changed, or it may be temporarily available’

@dylan

I have managed to find a working URL at:

Those streams appear to be the same as the ones used in Live Radio. I also have had no problem playing them. They are geofenced to GB though.

Hi @Nick_Biden,

Are you located in the UK? From what I recall the BBC stations are limited to just the UK as @BrianW mentioned. Since manually adding the URLs you found back in, do they play as expected?

@noris
Yes, I’m UK based so no issue there.

After manual adding of the URLs everything works as expected.

Thanks everyone, we’re all sorted now.

1 Like

Noris, not so. The hi-res streams are indeed geofenced, but others are not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.