ROON loading on iMac?

Roon loaded fine on my MacBook but on my iMac I get the message: Fatal Error Could not create required file lock.

See the following post

Hello @Carl_Porter,

In addition to what @Ratbert, please let me know if a permissions reset on your iMac helps? You can use these instructions to reset the permissions.

Thanks,
Noris

Well the Fatal Error message is gone now but when I try to open the application I get the window that wants me to drag the dmg into applications, I do it again and it does the same thing.

Ariel was allowed when I checked.

Hello @Carl_Porter,

It seems to me that you are opening the Roon installer .dmg file instead of the application itself. I would open the Roon application from the OSX Applications folder and not the downloaded .dmg package. Also, I was not referring to the Ariel font, I was referring to running this command in Terminal as to reset the permissions:

sudo chown $(whoami) ~ ~/Library; chmod u+rwx ~/ ~/Library

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Tried to open RoonServer in Applications, same result.
Did the terminal command and then looked into the fonts Arial wasn’t greyed out.

Hello @Carl_Porter,

Can you please take a look at these two threads:

We have found that the issue is often due to the /tmp/ folder not having the correct permissions. This guide should get that resolved:

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris, I have applied instructions from booth threads but get same result. I am running Mohave 10.14.1. Seems like it has to do with running two Macs on same account? Works fine on my MacBook but not on my iMac. Thx.

Hello @Carl_Porter,

Have you made sure to reboot your iMac after making those changes? I would perform a full reboot and if you’re still having issues afterwards please let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

So I called Apple Tech Support and they had me reinstall the OS and then update it to .2 and BOOM everything worked!

1 Like

Glad to hear that updating the OS resolved this issue @Carl_Porter! Thanks again for contacting support!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.