Roon loads the album but stops after playing a couple of songs when using HQPlayer

Same problem here.

• Core machine: only roon server with mac os
  • Details on your Remote(s): Roon Remote for iOS.
  • Networking details: Asus Router.
  • Audio device: Hqplayer with Mac Os + R2R DAC. Hqplayer in Different machine.
  • Library details: Tidal library only.

If I use RoonBridge endpoint instead of Hqplayer, the problem stops.

Latest version of Hqplayer.

Hqplayer 4.122, x64.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split your topic.

The problem was exactly described by the other user.

Hello @Custodio_Carneiro,

Thanks a whole lot for letting us know the details of your setup and behavior you’re experiencing. We’d love to help.

The first step would be to make sure we have an accurate understanding of the issue. Could you please let us know if:

• This is happening for all remotes?
  • Does it happen all the time? Any patterns or anything you’ve noticed (i.e. certain types of content)?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hello. I only have one remote. Iphone iOS.

It happens all the time with Hqplayer only. No idea why it started suddenly. Tried to install roon server again. Nothing changed.

I could not install an older version of Hqplayer because the official website does not provide it.

Thanks for the extra details, @Custodio_Carneiro.

I’m looping in our technical team so they can take a closer look. Since it only happens with HQ Player enabled, it might help to also connect with HQ Player support. If you find out anything, we’d love to know.

:pray:

@jussi_laako?

Can you email me HQPlayer log file of this happening? Please write down the time when it happens, so I can find the event from the log file.

1 Like

Any update on this?

In between trying other options, I have been spending sometime going through the forum and picked up this! Seems like a simple but common mistake.

It should be set on “time” not any other options.

I got it all sorted. Thanks all.

2 Likes

Problem solved. Many thanks.

Also changed in Roon Remote MQA capabilities from “No MQA Support” to “Decoder only”.

Audio > Device Setup > MQA Capabilities

Now everything is working fine.

1 Like

You should leave it at “No MQA Support” so that Roon will decode MQA before sending data out to HQPlayer.

1 Like

Hello, Jussi. Many Thanks for your help.

If I use this option, “No MQA support”, those type of files won’t work:

24bit, 96khz.

What do you mean by “won’t work”? It is working perfectly fine for me!

1 Like

“Similar” to a scratched CD. Glitches.

Maybe my Macmini is too old for it?

Best approach is to change “Nx” filter to something your Mac can run and leave Roon HQPlayer decoding MQA. This way the result is much better! What filter do you have selected for “Nx” rates?

1 Like

Poly-sinc-ext3 for “1x” and “Nx”.

Here is my setup:

Two computers:

1. RoonServer only with macmini mid2011. i5 2,5Ghz. MacOs High Sierra.

2. Hqplayer with MacOs Catalina. i5 8500. SDM. Modulator: ASDM7EC. Bit rate: 44.1k x128.

All Settings are done with Roon Remote for iphone ios.

If you change Nx to for example poly-sinc-ext2 then it likely works better.

1 Like

Changed for “poly-sinc-xtr-short-mp”. Nice filter for “Nx”.

Working OK with “No MQA support” option.

:+1::pray:t4: