Roon login issues 1/31/2019 [Resolved]

Same :frowning:

Same issue but on qobuz.

Hi everyone,

The team is working on some server issues currently that as noted here:

We are working to get this resolved and will update this thread as soon as things appear to be resolved. Apologies for the trouble!

Hello, my Roon is not connecting to Qobuz and Tidal, at least completely. It loads my Tidal and Qobuz library and plays those albums. However, it shows the Tidal ribbon of new albums, but when I click on the artists, it says the album is unauthorized at this time and is not available. It also won’t load any playlists for Tidal. Qobuz does the same but worse. It doesn’t show the albums for Qobuz at all, and when I go to Qobuz in the left pull down menu, it say it is empty – nothing is available. I can access both services through their native apps and play anything, and I’m having no network issues.

Thanks for all of your work,
Joe

Looks like it’s fixed now, at least for me

Hi All,

Tonight at midnight UTC, a scheduled changeover of SSL certificates did not go as planned, causing problems with the community site and our account management systems.

Resolving the certificate issues on the community site was straightforward, but restoring the account systems to normal operation took a bit more finesse. Work queued up during the downtime as Roon Cores around the world attempted to contact our servers, which created the possibility of a cascading failure once we re-opened the floodgates.

After analyzing the issue, we settled on an approach that involved restoring access to the account systems gradually over a ~2hr period which spanned roughly 01:30 UTC to 03:30 UTC. This gave the system time to handle new requests while working through the backlog, and prevented any additional failures.

At this point, things should be back to normal. We apologize for the downtime and any inconvenience, and will be undertaking some process changes ahead of any similar actions in the future.

2 Likes

Appears to be working again. Thanks.

Appears to be working normally. Thanks. But it was a really big and serious problem for a while. Please take best measures to prevent the similar log-in problem in the future.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

freenas iohyve solution
iam guessing i have the latest up to date roon sever and controller installed

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

all ethernet with one main router, no firewall

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

mirco rendu

Description Of Issue

Today, i was asked to relogin when i started my roon controller. i did, but then i got a “are you online ?” error. My server is online and can access internet with no firewall.
I even ssh to the virtual machine on my freenas server and i could ping google.com
Any idea where this issue could come from ?

Hi Nicolas,

I moved your post here. It should be resolved now. See above.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Hey @Nicolas_Caillier – if you’re still having any issues, try rebooting the machine running your Core.

If problems persist after that, flag @support and they can take another look at this for you.

Thanks!