Roon looses all Sonos players and requires a reboot

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini M1 16GB Ram Running Big Sur 11.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Firewalla Gold Router, Ubiquity switch and APs.

Connected Audio Devices

Two raspberry Pi running Roppie (work fine)
Sonos Playbase (Wired)
Sonos One, Play One, and Move (Wireless)

Number of Tracks in Library

13,000 Tracks

Description of Issue

I am able to see and connect to my Sonos players once. When I stop using them, at some point, they all disappear from available zones.

The reappear after a restart of the Roon server and then seem to be visible until the next time I use them.

This has only occurred since the update to 2.0 and was very stable before the update.

Now just dropped off while playing.

Still sees the Sonos zones via airplay, but not under Roon tested.

Scott you will find another couple of thread’s here for the same issue, you might well want to read through those. The Roon support team are in these threads as well

Hey @Scott_Sorensen,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, our team is investigating this issue deeper. In the meantime, if you could please reproduce the issue, note the time + date when the Sonos disappeared, reboot your core, and then send over a set of manual logs? Please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi @Scott_Sorensen

Which Sonos device do you primarily use with Roon?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.