Roon looses connectivity. I have to reboot Roon to get it back working

Hi @Bryan_Stewart,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you due to the holidays and hope you had a Happy New Year!

Just to confirm, was this behavior occurring with the fresh database in place? On both machines when acting as the Core?

If so, this would point away from our database theory, and more towards networking.

@noris No I did not try a fresh database in my second Mac. I restored a copy of the database on my second Mac. My second Mac is my work machine so I had to move back to my personal Mac. Is there a way I can move back to a previous release of Roon? I didn’t seem to have any issues before this latest release. Now this could be a coincidence but that is the only change I can put my finger on.

One thing I notice last night was I Tidal and Qobuz streaming went out first. I could still play from my NAS. Then I could not play music from my NAS. Also at this point I also could not do anything in Roon. Like it had hung up. From my Core I could access Tidal and Qobuz webpages and other things on the Internet. I even rebooted my entire network trying see if it was the issue. Upon bring back up my network, I could again access Tidal and Qobuz webpages but Roon Core still didn’t work. I shutdown Roon Core and restarted it and everything came back up.

It seems my fix is always to restart Roon Core on my Mac. If it was my network I would think I would have had this problem months ago. I will continue to try different things on my end as I need to get a fix for this so I can listen to music.

Hi @Bryan_Stewart,

Unfortunately, downgrading is not supported due to the reasons mentioned in the knowledge article.

I do believe that this issue is not related to the Core, especially if this behavior occurred on a fresh instance of Roon without having the database restored.

This does sound like a peculiar behavior. I would like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core next time this issue occurs for any additional clues towards the root cause.

Can I please request that you note the exact local time + date when you next experience this problematic behavior on a fresh database and let me know this info? Afterwards, can you please send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions?

Dropbox / Google Drive would be the best way to get them over to me, but if you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.