Roon Looses Naim Atom zone "Select an Audio Zone"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core running on Lenovo i7 / 2.60 GHz / 16 GB Laptop

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All devices connected to home network via Asus 4G-AC68U router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Atom connected to home network. Music library Synology DS 718+ connected via ethernet to the router.

Description Of Issue

Nearly everyday Roon looses my only audio zone (Naim Atom) even if Roon has coonection to my home network (music library / tidal) and Naim Atom is also visible within the network.
The problem appears after some time without using Roon/Atom, usually overnight (Laptop switched off / Atom switched off) but not always which is puzzles me most.
The only solution at the moment is rebooting my router - once it ends rebooting Naim Atom is automatically visible by Roon.
Unfortunately it kills the fun as it needs to be done nearly as often as starting Roon.
What is strange there are days when Roon sees Atom after start but 99% of times I have to start from rebboting the router.
Hoping for a solution. Thanks!

Hello @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

When this occurs, can you see the AirPlay or Chromecast inputs on the Naim Uniti Atom in Settings > Audio in Roon? If so, can you play to the device using AirPlay or Chromecast while the Roon Ready input has gone missing?

-John

Hi John,
right now I can only see Atom 441792 Stereo (WASAPI) & System Audio in the Roon audio settings.
Roon plays from Tidal/Library but cannot see Atom.
Atom plays internet radio and it is visible in the network.
Piotr

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

Can you please check to see if you have “Multicast Routing” turned on in your router settings?

Networking Best Practices Guide:

ASUS Routers

We recommend enabling “Enable Multicast Routing” option in settings.

Hi Noris,
Multicasting was off.
I turned it on as well as IGMP snooping and today hapilly I saw my Atom ready to play as Roon started.
Will check the status for couple more days and update but as for now let’s call it success!
Thank you!

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

Glad to hear that the multicast setting has helped with the issue! I have marked this thread as [Solved] but if there are any further issues in the two days before the thread auto-closes just let us know and we can take another look, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core running on Lenovo i7 / 2.60 GHz / 16 GB Laptop

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All devices connected to home network via Asus 4G-AC68U router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Atom connected to home network. Music library Synology DS 718+ connected via ethernet to the router.

Hi,
coming back from this topic: Roon Looses Naim Atom zone "Select an Audio Zone"
Just after latest Roon update the problem has come back. Everyday my Roon cannot see my Naim.
All the router’s settings are unchanged from the last time.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

Can you please check to see if you are using a public or private network on your Lenovo? You can use these instructions to check and I would ensure that you are on “Private” for your network type.

Does rebooting the router still allow your Atom to show up again? Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab next time this behavior occurs?

Hi Noris,
the network is set as private an also as discoverable.
Rebooting my router still works. Just after rebooting Atom shows up in few seconds.
Below todays view before rebooting:

And after:

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots, it is appreciated.

When this issue next occurs, can you please confirm if you are able to use Google Chrome to stream to the Atom by using the browser’s built-in Chromecast feature?

Are you seeing any issues when using Chrome (outside of Roon) prior to rebooting?

Hi Noris,
The last 2 days everything worked perfect but today again have to reboot my router.
I’m sorry I’ve never used Chromecast and cannot really find out how to sream music via Google Chrome (always used bluetooth if needed).

Ok, solved.
Chromecast works only after rebooting the router.

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

You can use these instructions to cast to the Atom via Chrome. Just to confirm your latest message - when you try to use Chrome to cast to the Atom, this does not work until the router is rebooted?

Hi Noris,
you’re correct. Chrome couldn’t see Atom until I rebooted the router.

Hi @Piotr_Kalenczuk,

Thank you for confirming. In this case it’s best to reach out directly to Naim support regarding further troubleshooting as they’d be in the best position to help moving forward.

Please let them know that this behavior occurs on both Roon and Chrome, which suggests that this behavior is related to the DAC itself.