Roon loosing control of device

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.8 on Ubuntu dedicated server

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google Wifi, Kef LSX directly connected to Google Wifi main router by ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef LSX directly connected to Google wifi router by ethernet

Description Of Issue

Roon is loosing control of my Kef LSX speakers. I have tried by wifi on google wifi, by wifi on an apple airport extreme on a dedicated 5Ghz network connected to my google wifi network, by ethernet on a wifi pod on my google wifi network and finally directly on the ethernet port of my google wifi router. It is still loosing control of my speakers. I am desperate!!!

Hello @DAVID_PARISIEN,

Have you reached out to KEF about this issue? If your network is in good working shape I’m struggling to imagine how Roon could be responsible for the speakers throwing errors.

If you want to test your network, I would try streaming Roon to the System Output zone of a Mac or PC for a a period of time that exceeds the amount of time you would normally encounter an error with the KEFs.

-John

In fact, it is throwing errors when I am skipping songs quickly. I can however change my speaker input to Airplay 2 and it then plays ok without any issues and then can revert to the Kef streaming.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.