iMac 2012 i5 8GB RAM OS Mojave 10.14.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi Ubiquiti

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Altair G1 over wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

12,800 tracks

Description of Issue

After updating my iMac and iPad to 943, Roon stopped working when the iMac goes to sleep. It shows “no audio devices found” and then loses connection altogether. As soon as you manually wake up the iMac, Roon works again. This is very frustrating, using Roon remote always woke up the iMac and it worked flawlessly until this update.

What do you think should happen when your Core goes to sleep? This is the heart of Roon, and if it is unavailable on the network, then your iPad won’t find it, and you won’t be able to play music.

Go to System Preferences on the iMac and adjust the Energy Saver settings to prevent it going to sleep.

I fully understand the concept of Core availability, however, before the last update, opening the app in the iPad or iPhone woke the iMac. It has been liked that since the day I subscribed to Roon until yesterday. In the iMac Energy settings I had selected wake for network access and I thought this was why it worked as it did.

It is my understanding that WOL is handled by the BIOS, network adaptor, and OS. Roon does not support WOL, so the update should not have caused a change.

Does this thread look like the same issue?

That has never worked for me. If my Mac sleeps, and is then woken, by network access or WOL, none of my audio devices can be found. This isn’t a recent thing.

Try setting ‘Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off’ in System Preferences → Energy Saver.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.