Roon loses control of Linn endpoint

Hello,

I have a similar problem with a Linn Klimax DS/3 (Katalyst). I am testing this player and considering to buy it, if I can solve this problem with Roon.

I get frequent error messages and then it stops: “Roon lost control of the audio device because the input was switched”

I have been using a Lumin D2 on the same network for a year now, never got any error message.

The network is all hard wired. The music files and the Roon core are on a Qnap NAS. The Lumin and Linn are both connected with an Ethernet cable to an Asus access point.

I would appreciate any advice for this issue…

Thanks,
Zsolt

Additional info:

Just upgraded to the Linn Davaar 69 Build 289 (4.69.289) Released on 06 May 2019.
The roon serve version is: 1.6 (build 416) stable.

After the upgrade I have re-booted the Linn and the NAS too, but the problem is still there…very frustrating on this otherwise very nice player…

Hi @Zsolt_Kadas,

Welcome to the community!

Can you please let me know the exact model/manufacturer of your Asus access point and the router you are using here? What kind of Core are you using?

How often would you say this error message appears? Once a day or once a week? Does this issue occur with all types of content or is it just limited to one specific type - e.g. just high-resolution, only streaming (TIDAL/Qobuz), only tracks from the QNAP, ect.

When this issue occurs, are you doing anything on the Linn side of things, perhaps switching the input to another source? Can you note the exact local time + date in your country of the next time this behavior occurs? E.g. 1:14PM on 5/14/19 and let me know this info? I’d like to take a look at the diagnostics from your Core machine.

– Noris

Hi Noris,

Thanks for your answer, I have managed to get it work somehow…
I have removed the Lumin from the network, deactivated all other inputs on the Linn, re-booted everything and now it seems to be good :slight_smile:

Zsolt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.