Networking Gear & Setup Details

Draytek 3910 router
Ruckus ICX7150-24P Switches
Ruckus Unleashes R510 Wi-Fi

Connected Audio Devices

Meridian 251 and 218 Zone Players

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The Roon Server is losing control over the Meridian Zone players, we can see the zone players, change volume but when we play a song the progress bar doesn’t start, you can toggle play/pause still but nothing plays. We tried disabling and enabling the zones, removing/adding etc but nothing appears to work. Every evening our customer has to reboot the roon server and reboot the meridian zone players to get it to work. Without roon, just using the Meridian App everything is controllable and the zone players are responsive. This screams a stale network session that is not being closed/formed correctly.

We have three sites with this same issue now, identical Roon/Meridian setups but on different networks (Cisco/Netgrear and Araknis) and one managed by a different router (Watchguard).

Does the network traffic run over IPv4 or IPv6. The last protocol seems to be responsible for many problems and a DNS change at some providers has already helped.

Hi, we are ipv4 network, ipv6 addressing is disabled. We have static IPs on all equipment and tried DNS addresses 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

Hi @Luke_Newland, our team is working with Meridian to investigate some issues that have been reported since our recent update. I don’t have any specifics I can provide just yet, but once we have more information we’ll sure to share it here!

1 Like

Dylan do we anymore thoughts on this please, I have 3 very angry clients unable to use the large Roon installs

Can a member of the Roon team please call me on [Phone Number Removed], we must get this resolved. one client has now purchased 8 Bose speakers just so they have music.
This is completely unacceptable and at the worst, we need to get the clients rolled back to a version that works.

1 Like

It’s not only meridian zones with issues.

Some Sonos users including myself have had issues for the last 22 days.

Strikes me as odd how this thread is flagged as “Roon Investigating” and has followup within 6 days.

All @support can do on the Sonos front is keep asking for logs followed by silence.

any danger of an update?

Hi @Luke_Newland, I’ve asked our team who is working with Meridian for an update on this – We’ll be in touch soon!

I have the exact same issue. Meridian 218 stops responding until I reboot both the the Meridian and the Roon core. I have no problem with the Trinnov which is connected to the same network.
or anything else related to the 218. This is a recent issue

Hi All,

We are still looking into this and there is an active ticket with our development team. As per policy, we can’t provide a specific timeline of when the work for the ticket will be completed, but please do note that this issue is on our radar and we are working on this. Thank you in advance for your patience here!

It would be good if you could post something in the public domain i.e. email Roon users about this fault and highlight the work being done.
We are telling our customers it is being worked on but they ask us daily why it is not fixed yet.
Yesterday I had one customer tell me they would be looking for a refund or take legal action against us soon.

Dylan, this is now a urgent problem and I need a response, please get in touch.

Luke the support team only works Mon to Fri, so at this point you are shouting into the void.

They also don’t publicly announce where QC is on resolving issues, as they have been bitten by previous issues

The way I see this it’s very simple, roll back the software to when it worked or at least give us the option to provide this for our clients.

Luke as someone that has been through the ringer with the Sonos dropping off the Roon world issue.
I think that Roon need longer beta releases and need to take the feedback and look at it. Music means a lot to most of us on these forums and to be deprived of it makes us miserable and more miserable.

But I was really trying to tell you that you were not going to get a response on the weekend.

yes thanks Michael, our big problem is we have clients that have invested thousands in fantastic Meridian Audio products, some 20 plus zones and now they simply see it as one big unreliable waste of money. Hugely frustrating #bringbacksooloos !

1 Like

I can certainly understand the frustration.

Any update? 8 days since your last post.

Hello @Luke_Newland ,

We have been able to reproduce this issue on our end and there is a ticket in the development queue regarding this behavior. I don’t have any further updates I can provide at this moment, but we are aware and actively looking into this issue. Thank you for your patience here!

2 Likes