Roon loses control of my audio device

Windows 10/Roon Nucleus Plus Server

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Hitron CGNM-2250 Router Modem/Linksys Ethernet switch Linksys SE4008/ Sonore MicroRendu is connected to the network via ethernet and also connected to my DAC via USB 2.

Sonore MicroRendu/Holo Audio Spring Tuned Edition DAC/ USB 2

Description Of Issue

When I turn on Roon and choose my Holo Audio Spring tuned Edition DAC as the audio device to connect to, Roon at first indicates that music is playing, although no music comes through to my head phones. Then a message appears that Roon has lost control of my device. Can you help me solve this problem?

Hi @Greg_Johnson,

Has this device ever worked with Roon, or has this always occurred?

Have you tried rebooting your Core machine, the Rendu, and the DAC?

If you connect the DAC directly to the Nucleus or the Windows remote does the same behavior occur?

1 Like

Yes this device was working with Roon.
Yes I tried rebooting my computer, the microRendu and my Holoaudio DAC but doing so did not solve the problem.
Yes the same behaviour occurred when I connected the DAC directly to the Nucleus.

Also Roon sometimes sends the following message" Failed To Open Audio Device"

Hi @Greg_Johnson,

Can you please confirm if the DAC is on the newest firmware available?

Have you tried a different USB cable yet? I have seen my fair share of USB cables experience issues, so I would not rule this out as a possibility.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.