Roon losing connection [Resolved - New Router]

Hi

I have Roon/HQP on a new Lampizator Superkomputer. Every hour or two, the music stops and I get a Roon page saying “Lost connection. Trying to reconnect”. Then either it reconnects within about 10 seconds or I have to reboot my Superkomputer.

Help please!!

Philip

Hi @Philip_Cockbain ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help me evaluate this issue you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Please describe your network configuration/topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I’d like to get an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connection possible.

3. Has this always been an issue or is this a recent observation that has been made while working with the application? If this is indeed a recent occurrence, can you think of any changes that have been to your setup?

-Eric

I have a Lampizator Superkomputer and a Lampizator Golden Gate DAC. The Lampizator is connected by an ethernet cable to my Sky router. I am controlling the SK remotely using a MacBook Air. My Mac Mini is connected to the Sky router by cable, and it, my MacBook Air and 2 iPads are all operating perfectly.

Hi @Philip_Cockbain ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions.

I would like to grab some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look at what may be going on here, but before I do can you please clarify the following.

In you most recent response you mentioned that your MacBok Air and iPads are functioning as they should so is it the MacMini that is having this issue of losing connection to your core?

-Eric

Hi Eric. I have reduced substantially the frequency of lost connections by changing my router, so I think it must be a network issue. Thanks. Philip

1 Like

Hi @Philip_Cockbain ---- Thank you for the follow up! Happy listening!

-Eric