Roon losing connection to audio device

This could actually make sense as it only seems to happen in Roon radio, almost all of my music is stored on a cheap external USB HDD that seems to take ages to spin up. So if Roon radio has been streaming from say Qobuz and the next track it wants to play is on the USB HDD it then has to wait for the HDD to spin up and that could then cause a time out.

Yes, also in case Roon buffers enough data (or OS HDD cache) that the HDD goes to sleep during trackā€™s playback and when next track comes, the HDD needs to spin up again.

On macOS I have disabled HDD sleeps for similar reasonā€¦

I have ordered a couple of ssds, I will let you know if that solves the problem.

Itā€™s still doing it even with a nvme and two crucial ssds connected and my old mechanical unplugged. I have added updated logs for both Roon and HQP in case that is of any help, you donā€™t need to go through the logs to find it as I uploaded them once I noticed it Roon had stopped playing so they should be the last entry.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

I also made sure my sotm 200 ultra network player was on version 4.2.0 naa

It would help if I actually provided the link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18KtCdhkoYwA9Y-rpKIEzteV4xTGaRzf-?usp=sharing

Hi @Ryan_Sayce,

Can you try to play both local files and streaming music to the system output of your NUC and let us know if you still have these issues? Are you using a VPN while using Roon? Thanks!

Sure, give me a few days to test each and no vpn, I was running Malware Bytes but I have tried uninstalling that just incase it was causing it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ryan_Sayce, hoping for good results! :+1:t2:

Hi, thanks for all the help up to this point from both of you but it looks like the latest Roon update has fixed my issue.
Ryan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.