Roon losing connection to Flex and Powernode

(Jörgen Ekelund) #1

Hi, I recently installed Roon. I use 2 Pulse Flex and 1 Powernode. When I use the BluOS app I usually have the Bluesound devises grouped but I noticed that Roon then lost the connection to 1 or 2 of the devices. I had to unplug them and wait for Roon to find the again.

Now this error starts to occur more in random and sometimes I have to unplug the devices several times, even do the setup again in Roon. Anyone that have had similar problems and can suggest a way around it?

Shouldn’t I use the BluOS app when I use Roon?

Thanks,
Jörgen

(Jay Kay) #2

I have two Pulse Flex 2i speakers paired in stereo mode and, while they’re perfectly happy when used with the Bluesound app, they’re utterly useless when controlled via Roon and have never managed to last beyond two songs before the connection is dropped.

No idea whether it’s a fault at Roon or Bluesound’s end, but I can’t see how their products can retain their Roon Ready status with this kind of performance

1 Like
(Jörgen Ekelund) #3

Hi Jay, thank you for your reply. Now I know I am not the only one with this problem. I will ask both Bluesound and Roon support if they have any solution, I guess the problem is on Bluesounds side, though.
All the best,
Jörgen

(John Calvert) #4

Hello Gentlemen,

I’ve had this problem as well. I’ve worked extensively with Roon to get them to look at it, after eliminating assigning the blame to my network/system, they’ve moved the problem to have QA look at it. It’s been a while and there’s been no progress. There is most definitely an issue. I’ve resorted to just using the BlueOS app (which works fine) as the problem is too frequent to just be a minor annoyance. I do hope they will work on it, it’s easy to reproduce. Here is a link to my discussion with @support:

Roon Losing Connection to Bluesound

Also, I noted that this morning BlueSound released new firmware, there are no release notes up and I’ve not had time to see if anything has changed.

Good luck to us all!

(Jörgen Ekelund) #5

Hi John,

I appreciate your input and agree that is indeed an issue for us users. I am in contact with Bluesound support and we will see what somes out of that. As you mention, maybe the firmware update will help.

Best regards,
Jörgen

(John Calvert) #6

@Jorgen_Ekelund1,

As an update, the Bluesound firmware update has not made any improvements, the issue remains unchanged.

Good luck! I hope you are able to make progress with Bluesound support.