Roon losing connection to Flex and Powernode

Hi @Jorgen_Ekelund1,

I have also opened a support ticket with Bluesound. After they confirmed that the unit works fine using just the Bluesound App and the problem is limited to Roon, I feel I’ve been lost in the crack between the two companies.

Bluesound claims (correctly) it works with their app on the exact same network as Roon, hence it must be Roon. Roon claims that they have many customers using Bluesound endpoints without trouble so it must not be Roon.

Every time I press the issue I’m pushed back into a network diagnostic exercise - which candidly is a waste of time given the established fact pattern. Please let me know if you make any progress.

Also, it appears (though I can’t be certain) that Roon does not have Bluesound 2i units in house for testing and is relying on forward compatibility from older units. The 2i units have a completely new wireless/network hardware/software stack so presumption of forward compatibility is a stretch.

I guess the only hope is to wait for future releases of Roon and hope they inadvertently fix it. Not very comforting.

Here is the support thread with all the details…