Roon losing device drivers

I don’t know for certain, but I suspect this is related to a problem that Roon has with Realtek drivers - the drivers for the sound chip that is on your motherboard. I have seen something very similar, or the same, which is that ALL of the devices on the machine that has Realtek drivers disappear. Looks identical to the behavior I have seen on my son’s PC.

If that is the case, the same workaround that has worked for us may work for you, albeit it is not pleasant. What you do is find the RAATserver folder and delete (or rename, either way, so that Roon cannot find it when it opens) it, and then boot up Roon. That has worked so far for us, although it means not only do you have to delete the RAATserver folder every time before you run Roon, but you have to reconfigure your audio zone every time you boot Roon.

Roon says this is a problem with Realtek drivers. I guess that depends on your frame of reference, but given (1) that deleting the RAATserver folder is a temporary fix and (2) that Realtek drivers are here to stay, that it more be more fairly characterized as a problem Roon has with Realtek drivers, and it is on Roon, and not Realtek, to fix it.