Roon lost connection to Sonossystem

Hi!
Out of the blue Roon has lost connection to my Sonos system (Soundbar and Play:1).
All network settings are fine.
Any suggestions from the community?
Thx
Uli

Hi Ulrich more information is required.
Have you rebooted both systems, changed anything on your network etc

Also what are you running Roon server on?
What sort of network setup do you have?

I have a Sonos system and it has always been solid. The majority of issues I have ever had is to go with network changes that I made to improve things (mostly they didn’t)

Regards

Mike

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike!
I rebooted Roon Server running on my iMac and everything seems to be fine again.
Hope this does not occur to often as Roon to be considered running pretty stabil.
Thx
Uli

Ulrich it is generally a pretty stable system. I reboot mine every few months, but it is running under Rock on a NUC, so is doing less work other work to cause any issues.

I used to run the server on Windows and Mac but whenever I used a VPN all sorts of stuff broke so I found the NUC with Rock far more stable. Not sure if you do anything like that

Anyway glad to hear it is resolved

Regards

Mike

1 Like

A reboot of home network and Roon core has always resolved any dropped endpoints that I’ve had.
If you can, try setting your wifi router to auto reboot now and then.
I have mine set to reboot at 0430 hrs every Sunday morning.
Helps clear the cache on the network and keeps things tip-top.
Since I’ve been doing this, I’ve not had any end points dropping out.

1 Like

Hi. If I try and group a Sonos legacy products like the Connect with a new Sonos product like the Arc using Roon. Roon says the connection is lost. If I separate the Arc and Connect then connection is re-established.

Hi James do you have them split between S1/S2 systems? (which I assume you must)
If so I thought it counted them as two different systems so they could not be played together

All mine are S2 so I cannot confirm that, but thought it was the case.

Regards

Mike

Hi Michael. Yes they are separated from each other using the S1 for legacy sources and the S2 for the Arc. I was hoping Roon would be a way of grouping them together. If not it’s not a big deal.

James Happy to be wrong, but Roon only works allows linking of the same protocol, so all Chromecast, Airplay or RAAT.

In this case I think the protocol is either slightly different or it cannot find them on the same circuits so it cannot link them for playing as I imagine Sonos is rejecting the connection.

Regards

Mike

1 Like