Roon lost control of audio device (again....?.......?)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core is Windows laptop.
Roon remote app on iPad to manage and play.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Core Wired via ethernet to network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX wired to network via Ethernet.

Description Of Issue
Hi, worked previously no issues.
Now plays for 30 seconds exactly and stops.
I have rebooted the PC.

Disconnected account and resigned into Roon.

I have no bells and whistles filters etc or HDplayers.
I just want to be able to able to turn on my music and listen to it.
Please help

Happens. My LSX do this once a week or so…no drama…unplug master, plug back in, all is resolved.

1 Like

Thanks chap

Hi @Gavin_Ambler,

Does this issue only happen with TIDAL/Qobuz content? If so, do you still have an active subscription to the service? 30 seconds could indicate that your streaming account expired and it is only able to play short samples of tracks. I’d also check to see if it occurs on other zones such as your laptop’s System Output zone (the internal speakers).

Happens with any content Noris. I’ve had it since day one with the LSX. It will be happily pounding out the tunes for hours on end then suddenly it will stop. Pressing play on Roon you get the message that Roon has lost control of the audio device. Could be a Qobuz issue, could be network issue, could be a momentary loss of internet conn. I’ve not digged on it as a simple ‘restart’ of the LSX resolves the issue.

1 Like

Ah - 30 seconds…think @noris hit head on nail :smiley:

Hi @YYZ,

If this behavior only occurs on Qobuz content, I’d check to see if the Qobuz web player (play.qobuz.com) exhibits the same 30 second issue. Also, would be good to check on other zones as I mentioned in my previous message.

Got tidal sub, and up to date. I turned off router and rebooted. Fixed. Thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear the issue is resolved @Gavin_Ambler!
If you have any other difficulties, just let us know and we can assist!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.