Roon lost control of device errors since bluos 3.10.3

I got pretty much the exact response (from Nishchal as well, in fact). So clearly it is a cut-and-paste. I told him that this response didn’t make sense. In his response, he once again recommended I switch to their app, to which I responded that, lacking any DSP capabilities, is a poor comparison to Roon. Not sure it will go any further, but the more people that mention it, hopefully the better.

1 Like

A link to logs.

1 Like

I ended up getting the same response out of NAD. They just said that they aren’t responsible for Roon and that I should use their app instead. I pointed out that their app doesn’t have any DSP capability, but they conveniently ignored that fact.

It is clear that they are not interested in correcting this problem any time soon.

Sorry to hear that. I just sent my roon logs to roon support so perhaps we may get some help there given Nad/bluos has failed to help. Have you tried posting in roon support forum as well?

No, I haven’t. I don’t actually find that MQA albums sound much different to standard Redbook versions in most cases, so I just changed my Tidal subscription level to Hifi and am happy.

However, I thought the response you got from NAD was irritating (and confusing) and so I wanted to follow up with them on it.

Hi @glenn_kime,

Thanks for sending those logs files over, I can confirm receipt! Looking over the log files, I’m seeing RAATServer restarts a few too many times.

Where is the NAD connected, is it directly to ROCK or to another PC running Roon Bridge?

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your Core by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Web UI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new RAATServer
  • Verify if the same issue occurs

Will the process you describe lose all of my playlists or my library? Tidal subscription?

I see a backup of my roon library but no restore?

Does a restore step need to be added?

Thanks,

Glenn

Also I have tried to reach the configure roon os from both iPhone and iPad

The searching for devices screen stays on not finding anything

I am also unable to access the IP address of my room controller from either device it says that the IP address or the server is unresponsive yet from both of these devices I can play songs via my roon

Noris

I completed the steps above but the problem occurs just the same

Non mca plays just fine

First tidal mqa shows same error I reported originally

Hi @glenn_kime,

Can you please check to see if a completely fresh installation of Roon has the same behavior?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Test for the behavior on the fresh database for a few days
  • Once testing is complete, restore the backup from step 1

I completed the steps and the first song is playing correctly

In addition to this being a fresh install I see another difference as well. I had the MDC bluos card set up as a renderer only which is what I was told when I originally said that up. I see now that it’s set up to be both a decoder and a renderer. That may give a clue as to maybe what is broken maybe it’s renderer only and I will check that later but only after a few hours of playing music without error.

2 Likes

Still working - I would suggest trying changing mqa to decoder and renderer first. If mqa still fails then the backup, reinstall, and recover next

2 Likes

Happy to hear of the progress here @glenn_kime, do let me know if you need further input from our end when you have concluded testing.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.