Roon Lost Control of the Audio Device (iPhone)

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini 2014 model, Big Sur latest version, 8GB RAM 2.6 GHz core i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Mac mini connected to Verizon fios router via Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

2 iPhones, iPad, MacBook Pro, Apple TV, all except the Apple TV are connected to core via wi-fi. Roon core is running on the Mac mini and the music files are on the MacBook.

Number of Tracks in Library

~7000 tracks

Description of Issue

Able to use Roon remote on all devices and all devices play audio, EXCEPT one iPhone 12 mini. I rebooted (not just restarted) all the devices multiple times and rebooted the Mac mini and MacBook. I deleted the Roon app from the iPhone and reinstalled. The iPhone that won’t play is my wife’s and that’s bad since she wasn’t thrilled with the new setup. That phone will control roon, it just won’t play and I get the message that Roon lost control of the audio device.The firewall is turned off on the Mac mini.

Hello @David_Milone,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble… it is most unfortunate that where it counted the most, Roon doesn’t seem to work. We’d love to help.

As a very first step, could you please check the iOS permissions on the iPhone 12?

Hi and thank you for responding. I performed this task already and still have the issue. I don’t understand how it is just one device that gives us the error when it seems to be configured the same as the other iPhone I am using.
I appreciate your assistance.

Can we continue troubleshooting this please?

I have this issue on both my iPhone and iPad remotes.

Roon looses control of device quite a lot and happens when I change DSP settings such as turn EQ presets ON/OFF, when I try to access zone settings, when I skip songs quickly or when I scrub through a song playing.

Bit of a mess for me really :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon losing control of audio devices

Hello Support?

Please, I am still having this issue with one device.

Hi @David_Milone, have you tried updating to the latest version, Build 831? Is there any change after doing that?

If you’re still see issues, please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Dylan, I have the logs, but have never used Google Drive, although I have it. If you can tell me how to get you the logs in Google Drive, I will send ASAP. Thank you for replying. This issue is bother me.

May I please get some assistance on uploading the logs to support? Thank you.