Roon lost control of the audio device while playing 24-88.2 FLAC file

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NAS with Intel CPU with latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear (NAS, Router, switch) All Ethernet wired (No wireless for my audio)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C658 and PC (SB Z-series)

Description Of Issue

I have an album which the audio file is a FLAC at 24 - 88.2 khz and it plays in Roon on my PC and also on the Ipad but does not play on my NAD C658 DAC. My friend have the same album and he can play it on a NAD C368

On the NAD C658 I have the error: “Roon lost control of the audio device”

I also found the same album on Tidal as an MQA (24 - 88.2 khz) and it play on the NAD C658

I have the latest static version of Ffmpeg

What could be causing this ?

I have found the problem for the audio playback.

i recently install Dirac Live 3.0 and create new filters. If a filter is active before I start to play the album then Roon will not play the audio files.

If no filters is active (OFF) before I play the album in Roon then it will play correctly. After i can switch filters while the song play in Roon.

If i stop the music then activate a filters and go again in Roon and play again I will again get the same error “Roon lost control of the audio device” I press stop put the filter to OFF
and press play and it’s working again.

Something is going wrong with Roon and Dirac Live 3.0 filters on the NAD C658

When you created the filter did you check the box to include 88.2 resolution.

Using Dirac Live 3.0 with NAD I don’t have option to select frequency. I think the version is somehow have less features compared to the original version.

I would give a call to NAD and ask about it.

Hello @SylvainP,

Since the NAD C 658 DAC is currently uncertified, we cannot provide support for this device just yet. We do have a list of certified devices available here. I think Rugby has a great idea of reaching out to NAD to ask, though!

I already contact NAD through support for over a week without any response yet. Guess I will have again something like it’s Roon side so contact them.

Roon and NAD are most of the time sending the ball on each side when we have problem with NAD and Roon.

Can’t wait until the C658 is certified by Roon. The C368 is and I don’t understand why the C658 is not.

I have the exact same issue with a Qobuz album (Matthew Halsall - Salute to the sun) and a NAD c658. Also a 24-88.2 album. Same way of fixing it, disable Dirac and the album plays. Seems like NAD has not fixed this issue after (or before) certification.
Can you investigate?

This is still not working. Fix is not release yet by Roon or NAD.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.