Roon Lost Devices, Cannot Find

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro, just updated yesterday to OS X 10.14.4
Roon v1.6 build 401

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

MBP connects to network via wifi
Hub/router is a Verizon Quantum Gateway

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Devices are a Bluesound Pulse Mini 2i (wifi) and an NAD C368 (hard wired)

Description Of Issue

Since I arrived home from work yesterday evening, after having updated my MBP’s OS to 10.14.4, I have been unable to get Roon to find my home audio devices (either of them). This is new, as I was using them both the night before. As of last evening, however, Roon could not find them, and even now, running “Configure Devices” from the Settings menu, it simply spins, finding no devices on my network.

Roon is working over my network, as I can play from Tidal via my MBP’s system output. The issue is finding & connecting to the Bluesound and NAD.

Hi @Gregory_Wold,

As a test, can you try connecting your MBP Core machine to the network via Ethernet? Is the NAD connected directly to the router or are there any switches involved?

Are you able to play to these devices from the Mac outside of Roon?

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your Core machine, networking hardware, and endpoints?

Dylan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The NAD is connected directly to the router, yes. I have no switches or extenders attached to the network, only the router.

I can play to both of these devices using the BluOS app and via Bluetooth, and can join them together as paired devices via BluOS.

I have rebooted all of these devices, including my MBP, and still Roon refuses to see either the NAD or the Pulse Mini 2i.

I cannot connect my MBP via ethernet, because I do not have an ethernet-to-USB dongle.

Greg

Hi @Gregory_Wold,

Are these devices currently grouped in the BluOS app? If you ungroup them is there any change?

Can you confirm that these devices are on the latest firmware update?

Dylan,

It turns out the problem was that the Pulse Mini had somehow gotten itself onto the wrong wifi network. When I changed it back, Roon could find both of my devices and seems happy now.

Maybe this is an issue, but a different one. That Verizon router I have configures two separate, but supposedly joined, wifi networks, one at 2.4 GHz and the other at 5 GHz. When the Pulse Mini is on the 2.4, Roon apparently cannot see it even though BluOS can. When on the 5, though, both apps can see it.

Anyway, I’m good for now. Thanks for you help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.