Roon lost network connection

I used to be able to use Roon but since a week it stopped being able to access the network altogether

• No Tidal
  • Connect connect to my user credentials, nothing.

I removed and re-installed Roon but it won’t connect; all HTTP requests return a 407 error

12/14 10:10:04 Trace: [geoip] GET https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/geoip/1/lookup

12/14 10:10:04 Info: [loadstatus] IsLibraryLoading True => False

12/14 10:10:04 Info: [loadstatus] IsTransportLoading True => False

12/14 10:10:04 Info: [loadstatus] IsStartup True => False

12/14 10:10:04 Debug: [broker/filebrowser/volumeattached] initial listing found drive mounted at F:\

12/14 10:10:04 Info: [roonapi] listening on port 9150

12/14 10:10:04 Warn: Error in web request https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/geoip/1/lookup: NetworkError (System.Net.WebException: Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (407) Authentification proxy requise.

à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

à Sooloos.HttpClient.<>c__DisplayClass8_1.<GET>b__2(IAsyncResult resp_ar))

Hi @Francois_Leblanc ----- Thank you for report and sorry to hear of the troubles here.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you for the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

• Are you able to access TIDAL outside of the Roon application while in this state.

-Eric

Hello,

Setup is on a Windows 10 Enterprise (1607, OS version 14393.1884) machine registered on a company network, Intel Xeon CPU v4, 64Go RAM, connected to a FiiO X5 via USB.

I removed Roon and re-installed it. I cannot view the version because it cannot even pass the initial “Login or Sign Up”. On the previous version it would launch but would not connect to Tidal and would not show the account information.

Tidal is accessible with its standalone application. Roon is the only application that does not connect online; but it used to (ie: it worked fine before ~2 weeks ago).

Thanks!

Hi @Francois_Leblanc ---- Thank you for touching base and providing the requested feedback.

Moving forward, from your latest post it sounds like you are accessing Roon in a corporate setting (i.e while at work), is this true? If it is, you may be feeling the affects of your company’s security protocols.

-Eric

Hello, I’m in touch with the admins and it is indeed blocked by the proxy. Chrome isn’t blocked though, so accessing the URLs queried by Roon from a browser works. I don’t know yet why but there is something with how Roon negotiates the proxy. The URLs are not blocked though,and maybe it’s a weird proxy setup, I’ll get more info later hopefully :frowning:

Ok here is the answer from IT

"We have a few options here :

1- You could modify your application to send authenticated requests to the proxy
2- You could install “cntlm” which will take care of the authentication for you (you need to configure your application to use http://127.0.0.1:3128 as proxy)"

Seems to be a problem with Roon as it does not authenticate with the proxy like browsers do. Otherwise, how does Roon figure out which Proxy to use (and where can this be setup)?

Thanks!