Roon macOS application ignores macOS region settings, always shows menu entries in English language

Roon Core Machine

macOS BigSur 11.4 (20F71), 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Roon 1.8 build 795

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Irrelevant for this issue.

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

As written in the Roon Community thread “German Translation: Fine tuning”, the Roon application on macOS does not show the menu entries in German language - see 🇩🇪 German Translation: Fine tuning - #102 by iThore

As confirmed by Tomas Honzak - see 🇩🇪 German Translation: Fine tuning - #109 by Tomas_Honzak - this is confirmed as a bug. As the comments show, also when the macOS region settings are set to other languages such as Dutch, Polish (those are confirmed in addition to German), the Roon app ignores the selected language and shows the macOS application menus only in English.

I have provided the correct German translation in the linked thread.

Thank you for looking into this issue!

Kind regards,
Thore

2 Likes

Hi @iThore ,

Thanks for the report here, I’ll let the team know!

1 Like

Thank you @noris !

1 Like

I also wrote about localization of macOS and iOS about half a year ago. (Beta category)

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/multi-localization-of-macos-and-ios-lproj/142129

The link which you have provided is inaccessible („ Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.“), at least for me. Can you still open it yourself @currycooqoo ?
Or maybe I can‘t access it if it is only accessible for Beta participants?